After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start normally.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8
- From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, wipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
- Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
- On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
- Tap or click the Services tab, clear the check box beside Hide all Microsoft services, and then tap or click Enable all.
- ap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click Open Task Manager.
- In task manager, enable all of your startup programs, and then tap or click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should type the password or click Continue.
- On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.